Back to Cafe Rene Cafe Rene
'Allo 'Allo Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Allo 'Allo Wiki now open for business

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: 'Allo 'Allo Wiki now open for business Reply with quote

At last, one of the benefits of having moved Cafe Rene to this new hosting provider has come to pass: the 'Allo 'Allo Wiki is now open!

http://www.marktv.org/allowiki

I'm slowly moving all the content of the 'Allo 'Allo website into the wiki, and you can help - expand the episode descriptions or character profiles, add new pages for series info (like add the page about Nouvion, for instance, or expand on the role of the French Resistance), and in general - have fun!

I've always wanted to turn this site into a wiki, so I don't become the bottleneck of information I've been the past few years. People email me info, but I never have time to update the site. Now, you can update the site yourself, directly and easily.

Even better, it's using the best wiki software out there, Mediawiki. If you've used wikipedia, that's the same stuff -- powerful, simple, and flexible.

Let me know if you think of ways to improve it!
René Artois
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

Im really glad that you making a new website! (Is there anyway you could put an é ( é) on your website because i havent got it on my keyboard ((My username is René Artois!! ))

Keep up the good work
René Artois
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mark, were have you been for the last years?
René Artois
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Im back! Reply with quote

Sorry I have not been here for a while. I hope to be on a lot more now.

Matthew
markt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you!

As to where I've been for the past few years, I've been very busy, working two nearly-full-time jobs. That left me almost no time for fun stuff like this web site.

Now that I've sold my comics company, my work schedule is slowly coming back to a more normal schedule, and I can find occasional time to visit and maintain this site. Right at the moment, my remaining job has me working very hard, so I don't have a lot of time, but in early June I will probably restart the episode summaries on the wiki again.

It took me a few weeks to figure out how to ban spammers from this site, but I finally did, which is why there is now very little "traffic" on the site, but all of it is real people asking real questions or giving real answers. Much better!

Anyhow, welcome back!
You_stupid_woman
British Intelligence

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="markt"]Glad to have you!

As to where I've been for the past few years, I've been very busy, working two nearly-full-time jobs. That left me almost no time for fun stuff like this web site.

Now that I've sold my comics company, my work schedule is slowly coming back to a more normal schedule, and I can find occasional time to visit and maintain this site. Right at the moment, my remaining job has me working very hard, so I don't have a lot of time, but in early June I will probably restart the episode summaries on the wiki again.

It took me a few weeks to figure out how to ban spammers from this site, but I finally did, which is why there is now very little "traffic" on the site, but all of it is real people asking real questions or giving real answers. Much better!

Anyhow, welcome back![/quote]

Better to have little traffic than a bunch of spam posts, right? I know I haven't been on here in a while. That's mostly because I can't think of anything to talk about lol.
René Artois
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Hello!!!! (Again) Reply with quote

I would just like to say hello to everyone first! How have you all been keeping? I hope to be on more now. I hadn't watched 'Allo 'Allo for a long time Shocked untill a couple of weeks ago whilst i was looking through my DVD's. It nearly made me cry with laughter! Very Happy Crying or Very sad Smile (again) It is such a great comedy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cafe Rene Forum Index -> About This Site All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: